Re: Debian GNU/Hurd installation discs

The best way to install Debian GNU/Hurd, imho, is crosshurd from a Debian GNU/Linux (for example, I never tried at yet Debian GNU/kfreeBSD).

BUT, first I'm a Debian user and got everywhere Debian installed (i.e. you need a Debian install) and second, I tried to install the system from crosshurd about for 2 weeks once again and had different bugs that made the installation (for me :-[ ) complicated; from the easy downgrade of tar (http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=576876) to the difficult Read-only problem with "native-install" (http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=557422).

With the L1 image it was easy to install Debian GNU/Hurd, also with X server and "all the rest" ;-) . I.e. the image is very useful to install the system and even if is not the best way to install it, is for sure the easiest :-) .

Really thanks to Phil to produce this CDs and hope also for a d-i for this summer (http://wiki.debian.org/SummerOfCode2010/HurdDebianInstaller/JeremieKoenig).

Ciao

Bruno