Re: Debian GNU/Hurd installation discs

On Sat, May 15, 2010 at 04:04:59PM +1200, Philip Charles wrote:
> I am considering retiring from producing the CD & DVD images found at
> http://ftp.debian-ports.org/debian-cd/
>
> I have been producing these images since 2000, the latest series being L1
>
> I have the impression that these images are not as useful as they were ten
> years ago.
>
> Could I have feedback please.
>
> Phil.

Philip, the only thing i can say is i am a Debian GNU/Hurd user because of
your well done work. Yes, your images are useful, very useful. The only
diference between now and ten years ago is nowdays the most of the people
have a "sata" computer. Is urgent for the GNU/Hurd find a way for get run
natively on a modern 64 bit PC. Because You or someone else must continue in
the making of the CD & DVD images. People (myself included) always will
prefer run a operating system in a native way and not virtualized.

So, please, reconsidering. And whatever decision you take, Thanks You Very
Much for your great effort, and best wishes to you.

Regards.

Jose.

--
http://lordofunix.eu5.org/

Not Registered GNU/Hurd User.
Registered BSD User 51101.
Registered Linux User #213309.
Memories..... You are talking about memories.
Rick Deckard. Blade Runner.