Re: L1 mini iso. Duplicate packages in sid and unreleased.

Hi!

On Fri, 2009-10-16 at 14:14:41 +0200, Guillem Jover wrote:
> On Fri, 2009-10-16 at 13:18:23 +0200, Michael Banck wrote:
> > On Fri, Oct 16, 2009 at 07:04:15PM +1300, Philip Charles wrote:
> > >     There are ~180 hurd packages duplicated in unreleased and sid.
> > >
> > > 131 of these are obsolete packages in unreleased, ie the duplicates in sid
> > > are newer.
> > >
> > > I have generated a list of these packages.  Anyone want to use it to
> > > remove the offending packags from unreleased?
> >
> > Yes, please post them; I think at least Guillem can get them removed
> > from unreleased.
> >
> > At this point, I think APT-pinning to prefer unreleased over unstable
> > makes trouble than it has benefits, so /etc/apt/preferences should be
> > adjusted.
>
> I added support to mini-dak to automatically remove obsolete packages
> from unreleased long time ago. I'll check later on why it's not doing
> that anymore.

So it seems I in fact didn't add such support. I might try to automate
something, but there's the problem of mapping source package renames
and similar which might be tricky.

Anyway, cooked a list which I feeded to Aurelien Jarno to do a run of
semi-automatic obsoleting. The archive should be clean for now.

regards,
guillem