Re: openssh

Russell Shaw wrote:
Will wrote:
On Fri, Oct 31, 2008 at 4:06 AM, Russell Shaw <rjshaw@netspace.net.au> wrote:
Will wrote:
On Thu, Oct 30, 2008 at 11:27 PM, Russell Shaw <rjshaw@netspace.net.au>
wrote:
Hi,
I did apt-get install openssh-server

The install script bombs out saying:

 Creating SSH2 RSA key; this may take some time ...PRNG is not seeded

I set RANDFILE=/hurd/ext2fs as a source of randomness, but it didn't help.
Install a package called random-egd, then use /dev/random as a source.
It worked for me.
Hi,
I can't find any package by that name, and there's no /dev/random.

deb http://ftp.debian-ports.org/debian unreleased main

The official debian ports repo will help.  There's some hurd exclusive
stuff that resides in there.

Hi,
Now i can get random-egd. However, the deb setup script says:

  Setting up random-egd (0.5-0+hurd.1)
  showtrans: /dev/random: No such file or directory
  showtrans: /dev/urandom: No such file or directory

How do i get /dev/random?

Typically just by copying something in to /dev/random. You can find something a little more random or many times I'll just copy a binary in there. Obviously not very secure but it works.

Barry deFreese