Re: Rewriting the installation instructions

Hi,

On Tue, Sep 30, 2008 at 04:47:03PM +0200, Michael Banck wrote:

> To that end, I propose to partition the instructions in five independent
> parts:
>
> 1. Preparation of the host system
>
> 2. Installation of the base system from the host system
>
> 3. Boot setup
>
> 4. Booting/running the Hurd
>
> 5. Native-install/post-install
>
> ad 1.
>
>  - Dom0 setup for Xen
>  - qemu installation
>  - qemu grub disk image download/installation
>  - nothing in case of native booting
[...]

Sounds rather confusing TBH. I tend to think that having end-to-end
instructions seperately for each installation method makes more sense,
even though it means having considerable redundancy...

(The redundancy could be reduced though by factoring out common parts
into seperate sections.)

-antrik-