Re: bsdmainutils and bsdutils

Hello,

Samuel Thibault wrote:
> [... problems with bsdutils, man-db uninstallable ...]
>> If not, is there anything that a user can do to work around this?
>
> Use snapshot.debian.net to get a set of version that can work together.
> Or help fixing the bug that prevent buildd from building it :)

I've investigated why util-linux (the source package of bsdutils) FTBFS
on hurd, and I've found out that the latest version (in experimental)
did a better job at spotting Linux-specific stuff. I've managed to build
it with a small patch:

The compiled packages are available (with build log) there:

  http://glondu.net/debian/incoming/

With this, I am now able to install man-db on my hurd box :-)

Cheers,

--
Stéphane Glondu