Re: IBM Thinkpad R61e harddisk not mounting

>  I then wiped away the old drive based on a requirement imposed on me by the installer.

There's an 'execute shell' option you presumably might use for resizing an
existing drive. Haven't checked it, though.

>  I Hurd initialized and it took over...the Linux Partition?

Even though there is a partition number reserved for the GNU, the Hurd
currently uses ext2 partitions, which cfdisk refers to as the 'Linux' type.

>  Anyway, then I try to install the base system, but it asks for where the (unsure on wording) /debian/woody/(can't remember)/sources.lst <<unsure about, or baseGNU.tgz.

if you choose the 'list' option, it should find it for you.