Re: Participation in Google SoC

On Thu, 27 Mar 2008 02:50:38 +0100, <olafBuddenhagen@gmx.net> said:

> Hi,
> On Mon, Mar 24, 2008 at 02:46:21PM +0530, CK Raju wrote:
>> On Mon, Mar 24, 2008 at 1:26 PM, Vikram Vincent
>> <vincentvikram@swatantra.org> wrote:

> > Do you mean that you are *also* submitting it as your college
>> > project or that UPM is in the course syllabus?

>> Yes, And I think Google SoC cites it as a *fit* case.

> Can you cite any reference on that? I have a hard time believing
> this...  It just seems wrong that you would get paid by GSoC for
> something that you have to do anyways as part of your studies.

It's in the GSoC FAQ:
http://code.google.com/opensource/gsoc/2008/faqs.html#0.1_course_credit

Of course, whether or not Google thinks is OK is very different from
whether the University thinks it's OK.  I suspect that the latter would
be more important to check.

--
Hubert Chathi <uhoreg@debian.org> -- Jabber: hubert@uhoreg.ca
PGP/GnuPG key: 1024D/124B61FA         http://www.uhoreg.ca/