Re: Xorg problems

On Nov 23, 2007 11:29 AM, Michael Banck <mbanck@debian.org> wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 23, 2007 at 06:08:09PM +0100, Fabienne Ducroquet wrote:
> >     If X is not a link to Xorg, nothing happens if I try to start X
> > (directly X, not startx), I immediately get a new shell prompt and there
> > is no log in /var/log. With startx, after about 12 seconds I get a
> > message from xinit saying that the server refused the connection, error
> > 1073741885, I don't have the time to try again to note the exact message
> > (there was another line with another errno) right now.
>
> Did you configure x11-common to allow anybody to start the X server?
>
> dpkg-reconfigure x11-common
>
> Michael

Well, I did dpkg-reconfigure x11-common, and that didn´t help a
thing...  I cant send error message because theres none...  It´s just
that nothing happens,  just the prompt again with NO message, and no
log to look at, as it was mentioned by Fabianne...  And actually the X
problem happens for root, so reconfiguring x11-common is not supposed
to help for plane X under root...

I´m sorry I can´t help more then, except maybe by trying new version
or something...

--
Javier