Re: GRUB install question for HURD

Well you have two options that will work.
1) You could edit your existing menu.lst file (I see that you are dual booting) with the correct information to boot GNU, or b. You could copy an existing ~/grub directory into your GNU /boot directory (as you suggested) and then boot via the chainloader +1 command in your existing grub (your existing menu.lst file would need to have an entry for GNU added as well you will need to activate grub on your GNU install).

If you do not know how to utilize the chainloader +1 command or how to activate grub on your GNU partition, post a query. Let us know how you make out.

Cheers
Teague

arnuld wrote:
it is tedious to type the GRUB commands for GRUB floopy, how can i
install GRUB into my HURD partition. should i create a directory
"/boot/grub" and copy all of the files from floppy to that directory
and then edit "menu.lst" to have those lines (except "-s")

???