Re: please test TLS

Samuel Thibault wrote:
Samuel Thibault, le Mon 25 Jun 2007 01:24:41 +0200, a écrit :
Samuel Thibault, le Sun 24 Jun 2007 21:29:50 +0200, a écrit :
Samuel Thibault, le Sun 24 Jun 2007 17:51:25 +0200, a écrit :
I've uploaded some experimental TLS-enabled hurd and libc packages for
testing to

http://dept-info.labri.fr/~thibault/debian-hurd/tls/
They need the gdt user_ldt.c update, so make sure to have gnumach >=
20070405.
Note: though it works nicely on my box (I'm compiling glibc HEAD with it
right now), it looks like it fails completely on others (Thomas and
Olaf's at least), so please be careful :)

The problem I was having with Xen was when switch_ktss changes() the
descriptors, because in an interrupt context, gs is still loaded with
the user-level value. In january 2006, Jeroen made trap handlers load
kernel data segments in fs and gs, here is a patch to do the same on
interrupts (with it, I don't have issues on Xen any more).

Could people try TLS with a patched gnumach?

Note: there is still an issue with mach-defpager.

Samuel

Sure I disappear for a while and you guys do the "good" stuff. Maybe I should take that as a hint?? :)

Barry