Re: Fwd: Brand New to GNU Hurd

Aye, have done that as well.  Thank you.

Cheers

Dani Doni wrote:
2007/6/27, Teague MacRoot <hdflhtp@bellatlantic.net>:
As a side note, an because I could not think of anything else to try, I
mounted the hurd filesystem on my Sid install.  Formated a target
partition & copied the whole hurd filesystem to the new partition. When
I boot to that partition from grub (not running qemu) it runs throught
the boot process, ends with several errors (to fast I can not read them)
& reboots.

Did you set the filesystem ownership to hurd in this partition? Did you use

mke2fs -b 4096 -o hurd /dev/hda2

to format this partition?

I forgot to say /dev/hda2 is an example, of course. The point is to
use the "-o hurd" option.
--
Dani
Doni