Re: Debian vs. Hurd init scripts: `/etc/rcS.d'

Hi,

Thomas Schwinge, le Wed 04 Apr 2007 13:36:55 +0200, a écrit :
> I noticed this when installing the `ntpdate' package, which registers
> itself as `/etc/rcS.d/S51ntpdate', but didn't get executed when rebooting
> the system.

Mmm, there's a problem with the package that handles rc scripts then:
ntpdate should properly register where it needs to.  I mean, people
usually use sysv-rc on debian GNU/Linux, so that registers are done in
/etc/rcS.d, but I usually rather use file-rc for instance, and then
registers are done in /etc/runlevel.conf. I guess we should just provide
a hurd-rc package that would make registers happen in /etc/rc.boot.

Or else we may impose the use of sysv-rc and then fix /libexec/rc to
using /etc/rcS.d

Samuel