[debian-hurd-Bugs][304434] xchat hangs on startup

Bugs item #304434, was opened at 2007-02-04 04:08
Resolution: None
Group: None
Category: None

Initial Comment:
On Debian GNU/Hurd K14, updated as of 03-II-2007, xchat installed from official packages won't start:

---
cyclopia@virtual:~$ xchat

(xchat:652): Pango-WARNING **: No builtin or dynamically
loaded modules were found. Pango will not work correctly.
This probably means there was an error in the creation of:
  '/etc/pango/pango.modules'
You should create this file by running pango-querymodules.

(xchat:652): Pango-WARNING **: pango_shape called with bad font, expect ugly output

(xchat:652): Pango-WARNING **: pango_font_get_glyph_extents called with bad font, expect ugly output

---
and here it stops. No GUI appears. ctrl-c brings me back to the prompt, no error messages.

How can I help figuring out what causes the hang?

Date: 2007-02-04 11:59

Message:
Just from the bits you posted above, this looks like the current libpthread vs. X libraries problem to me.

You can respond by visiting:
http://alioth.debian.org/tracker/?func=detail&atid=411594&aid=304434&group_id=30628