K14 update

Hi folks,

Two problems.

Problem 1.
Still no joy with X11.  These are extracts from a typescript made during
the installation.  Can anyone see anthing that is missing.

Suggested packages:
  defoma-doc psfontmgr x-ttcidfont-conf dfontmgr fvwm-themes menu wm-icons
  perl-tk libx11-protocol-perl imlib-progs libfreetype6-dev mesa-utils xfs
  xserver xfonts-cyrillic pdksh
Recommended packages:
  libft-perl fvwm-icons debconf-utils xresprobe mdetect discover1 discover

**** The above were not installed

  defoma fontconfig-config fvwm gdk-imlib11 imlib-base libfontconfig1
  libfontenc1 libfreetype6 libfribidi0 libfs6 libgl1-mesa-dri
libgl1-mesa-glx
  libglib1.2 libglu1-mesa libgtk1.2 libgtk1.2-common libice6 libjpeg62
  libpng12-0 librplay3 libsm6 libstroke0 libtiff4 libungif4g libx11-6
  libx11-data libxau6 libxaw7 libxcursor1 libxdmcp6 libxext6 libxfixes3
  libxfont1 libxft2 libxi6 libxinerama1 libxkbfile1 libxmu6 libxmuu1
libxpm4
  libxrandr2 libxrender1 libxss1 libxt6 libxtrap6 libxtst6 libxv1
libxxf86dga1
  libxxf86vm1 ttf-dejavu type-handling ucf x11-common xbase-clients
xbitmaps
  xfonts-100dpi xfonts-75dpi xfonts-base xfonts-encodings xfonts-scalable
  xfonts-utils xkb-data xorg xserver-xorg xserver-xorg-core
  xserver-xorg-input-all xserver-xorg-input-kbd xserver-xorg-input-mouse
  xserver-xorg-video-i810 xserver-xorg-video-nv xserver-xorg-video-sis
  xserver-xorg-video-vesa xterm xutils xutils-dev

****  These paths have been checked and they do not exist, but there are
other fonts which are pointed to by xorg.conf.

Setting up type-handling (0.2.19) ...
Setting up xfonts-100dpi (1.0.0-3) ...
warning:
   /usr/lib/X11/fonts/100dpi
   does
   not
   exist
   or
   is
   not
   directory
warning:
   /usr/lib/X11/fonts/100dpi
   does
   not
   exist
   or
   is
   not
   directory

Setting up xfonts-75dpi (1.0.0-3) ...
warning:
   /usr/lib/X11/fonts/75dpi
   does
   not
   exist
   or
   is
   not
   directory
warning:
   /usr/lib/X11/fonts/75dpi
   does
   not
   exist
   or
   is
   not
   directory

Setting up xfonts-base (1.0.0-4) ...
warning:
   /usr/lib/X11/fonts/misc
   does
   not
   exist
   or
   is
   not
   directory
warning:
   /usr/lib/X11/fonts/misc
   does
   not
   exist
   or
   is
   not
   directory

Setting up xfonts-scalable (1.0.0-5) ...
warning:
   /etc/X11/fonts/X11R7/Type1
   does
   not
   exist
   or
   is
   not
   directory
warning:
   /usr/lib/X11/fonts/Type1
   does
   not
   exist
   or
   is
   not
   directory
warning:
   /etc/X11/fonts/X11R7/Type1
   does
   not
   exist
   or
   is
   not
   directory
warning:
   /usr/lib/X11/fonts/Type1
   does
   not
   exist
   or
   is
   not
   directory
xfonts-scalable
   postinst
   warning:
   fc-cache
   not
   found;
   not
   updating
   corresponding
   Type1
   font
   directory
   data

******

I have no doubt that I can get a personal system working, but this is not
what I am about.  The objective is to create iso's which GNU novices can
use to make an installation with little fuss.

Problem 2.
Apt cannot handle a DVD.  It fails to fetch some packages from the DVD.
These packages can be fetched manually and installed with dpkg.  I have
tried three DVD drives and one of them had the same problem with CDs.
The DVD can be copied onto the drive of the test system with no problems.
Does anyone know anything about this?

Thanks.

Phil.

   +64 3 488 2818        Fax +64 3 488 2875        Mobile 027 663 4453
   philipc@copyleft.co.nz - personal.    info@copyleft.co.nz - business
  I sell GNU/Linux & GNU/Hurd CDs & DVDs.   See http://www.copyleft.co.nz