Re: Google Summer of Code: Installer for Hurd

Matheus Morais wrote:

> Hello again,
>
> On 5/6/06, *Colin Watson* <cjwatson@debian.org
> <mailto:cjwatson@debian.org>> wrote:
>

>     Indeed; if you manage to get the damn thing to boot, I'll be on it like
>     a shot. :-)
>
>     Here's the diff from my working d-i tree:
>
>       http://people.debian.org/~cjwatson/d-i/hurd/d-i.diff
>     <http://people.debian.org/~cjwatson/d-i/hurd/d-i.diff>
>

> As I could see you have done a great job here but my question is, If we
> got this approved by google will be better start the project from the
> scrach, start where Colin stoped or a mixture of both? I have read,
> superficialy, the diff files and I think we could use them as guide for
> the development proccess and not simply catch the Colin code and
> continue from where him stoped. This is the most simple way, IMHO.

Google doesn't prevent you from using Colins work, ofcourse if it means
you only need to add a few lines and be done it's not enough scope for
the project. That's something I'll let the mentors decide.

If using Colins work will get you started faster, go for it. The purpose
of the project is to get things done and not redo work from scratch.

Baruch