Re: Error installing Debian GNU/Hurd K10
Dani Doni escribió:
I don't think so, because the /etc/passwd file should have been created
by the base system install, haven't it?
6. Corrupt /etc/passwd file?
I mean, I installed on a clean system: no partitions, no other data.
2006/3/16, Philip Charles <firstname.lastname@example.org>:
On Thu, 16 Mar 2006 11:23, Andrea Bolognani wrote:
On Wed, 15 Mar 2006 23:06:09 +0100
Alejandro Serrano <email@example.com> wrote:
Of course. I did the floppy boot disk, and followed all the
instructions. Although I'm installing on a completely blank machine,
not in any machine with GNU/Linux, that's why I'm using the Debian
Then I don't know how to help you :(
I installed a couple of time using the first CD and everything went ok.
This error seems really weird.
It has me beaten. I can only suggest running though a check list.
1. The Hurd partition was formatted for Hurd and not Linux?
2. ./native-install was run after the first (single user) reboot?
In that point I start getting chown problems
3. ./native-install was run after the second (single user) reboot?
4. The third reboot was multi-user?
5. <login root> was entered after the third reboot?
I tried, ignoring the error, but login tells me no 'root' user exists
Rather childish I know, but I cannot think of anything else as no one else
seems to have had this problem
LLama Gratis a cualquier PC del Mundo.
Llamadas a fijos y m�es desde 1 c�imo por minuto.