Re: Not accessing network after apparently succesful settrans of the /hurd/pfinet

On 8/29/05, Michael Banck <mbanck@debian.org> wrote:
> You can make sure by running 'devprobe eth0' as root.  It should output
> 'eth0' if the network driver is indeed present as far as Mach is
> concerned.

# devprobe eth0
eth0

> Did you set a DNS server in /etc/resolv.conf?  Does it hang when you
> ping IP addresses as well?  Try 'ping <dhcp_server_ip>', does that work?

I did that from the beginning, since it was pointed out in the link I
used for guidance:

http://www.gnu.org/software/hurd/users-guide/using_gnuhurd.html

Actually what my /etc/resolv.conf includes is:

search
nameserver <dhcp_server_ip>

Which is the same the linux partition includes...  So the console
still hangs forever after pinging...  So I'm still in the dark about
what's wrong.  From previous question it looks like the card is
recognized though.  Now the problem is connecting.  I still see the
card powered up due to the power led indication, but no activity at
all...

Is /etc/resolv.conf still missing something?  Are there any other hints to try?

Javier-Elias Vasquez-Vivas