Qemu focus

I've spent a while today getting Hurd to run under Qemu, which it does
nicely, but I am having trouble with it grabbing the mouse and refusing
to let go.

Specifically while the titlebar, and docs, say to press Ctrl and Alt to
release the grab, they don't. Instead I see the message "kb_setleds1:
unexpected state (1)" (or something pretty close to it) and I am unable
to move the focus away without switching to a VC out of X and killing
qemu. I am assuming this means the Ctrl-Alt keypress is passed to the
virtual OS when it shouldn't be.

Naturally this is incredibly annoying.

When it becomes annoying enough (most likely if/when I try and set up X)
I shall hunt the cause of the problem down but in the meantime does
anyone else know why it happens and how I can stop it?

Matthew

--
I must take issue with the term "a mere child," for it has been my
invariable experience that the company of a mere child is infinitely