Re: Hurd - Emacs giving segmentation fault.

On Fri, May 13, 2005 at 09:07:12PM +0200, Alfred M. Szmidt wrote:
> I compiled emacs cvs with the glibc that emacs21 (the Debian package)
> uses, and it works just dandy; where as if I even recompiled emacs21
> it would segfault.  So I don't think it is a glibc problem.

Thanks for pointing that out.  I found an experimental emacs22 source
package on the web (at
http://hanzubon.org/Linux/Debian/HANZUBON/experimental/source )
and rebuilt in on hurd-i386.  The packages are here:

http://people.debian.org/~mbanck/hurd/emacs22_22+0+20050320cvs-0hanzubon1_hurd-i386.deb
http://people.debian.org/~mbanck/hurd/emacs22-nox_22+0+20050320cvs-0hanzubon1_hurd-i386.deb
http://people.debian.org/~mbanck/hurd/emacs22-el_22+0+20050320cvs-0hanzubon1_all.deb
http://people.debian.org/~mbanck/hurd/emacs22-common_22+0+20050320cvs-0hanzubon1_all.deb
http://people.debian.org/~mbanck/hurd/emacs22-bin-common_22+0+20050320cvs-0hanzubon1_hurd-i386.deb

or simply 'deb http://people.debian.org/~mbanck/hurd/ ./'

I audited both the Debian diff and the original tarball, the latter is
identical to Emacs CVS from March, 20th.

I briefly tested the emacs22-nox package on two boxen and it worked
fine.  However, I'd welcome more feedback.  I need to fix the
Build-Depends slightly and will then upload the packages to gnuab, if
nobody objects.

enjoy,

Michael

--