Re: [md@Linux.IT (Marco d'Itri)] Re: Required firewall support

Thomas Bushnell BSG <tb@becket.net> writes:

> Marco Gerards <metgerards@student.han.nl> writes:
>
>> But doing this because the bureaucracy wants it seems like a silly
>> reason to me.  I am considering writing a new pfinet from scratch
>> because the current one really sucks, in my opinion.  If we want
>> firewall support it should be in the new pfinet, IMHO.
>
> Instead of thinking of it as "the bureaucracy", think of it as a
> useful feature, which is important to some people who will give us
> benefits if the work happens.

Sure, that's how I think.  But it won't motivate me to implement it.
Having a bureaucratic reason to do work, instead of doing it for a
technical reason, for fun or for Freedom won't motivate many people or
perhaps only Debian developers.

> I have long thought that a native pfinet would be a Very Good Thing.

Right, I will start a discussion about it on bug-hurd later this week.

Thanks,
Marco