shared IRQs, boot fails

Hello!

I tried to boot the mach kernel, but the machine locks when probing hardware, probably due to shared IRQs. (I followed the recipe at www.debian.org/ports/hurd/hurd-install). Unfortunately my BIOS does not allow to change anything about interrups or disabling parts of the hardware (Laptop...), so only cross-compiling mach is a possibility. (?)

Does anyone know a document about this or has already experience with it?
Can I influence the boot process by applying special boot parameters?
Any other ideas?

Thanks,

	Andi