K7 and grub (using bochs)

Hello,

Christmas holiday are approaching and with the hope of some time, I'm
installing the Hurd using bochs on my laptop. So far so good: it went
pretty smoothly and fast. Good job!

But, I cannot convince grub to make the disk (image) bootable, and I'm
not sure how to fix this. This is the error I get:

hurd:~# grub-install hd0
df: Warning: cannot read table of mounted filesystems
df: Warning: cannot read table of mounted filesystems
Could not find device for /boot: Not found or not a block device

the df warnings might be related to the fact that /etc/mtab isn't there,
but not quite sure about that. So how can I force grub to install?

So far I'm booting using a floppy image, but I'd like just to be able to
use grub on the HD.

thanks
graziano

--
| Graziano Obertelli    | CS Dept. Rm 102          |