Grub command 'boot' is not responding

Hi,
      I'm trying to boot hurd using GRUB. I specified the kernel and
the modules as shown below:

grub> kernel (hd1,2)/boot/gnumach.gz root=device:hd2s3 -s

Also I loaded the modules (ext2fs.static and ld.so.1) needed to boot
as mentioned in the installation documentation.

I've the ext2 partition on secondary Master (IDE) and the partition is
/dev/hdc3.
Once I'm done with the above steps, I did
grub> boot

The system is not responding after the above command.
Any idea why is it not responding? Any help in this regard is greatly
appreciated.

I referred the below document for the installation process
http://web.walfield.org/pub/people/neal/papers/hurd-installation-guide/english/hurd-install-guide.html

Thanks
-Suman.