Re: I think I want to help

Dear Marco,

On Mon, 2004-08-09 at 17:38, Marco Gerards wrote:
> arief# <arief_m_utama@telkomsel.co.id> writes:
> Start hacking. :)

I'm trying now... hardly... honest... ;-)

> For pthread support there is something there already.  But AFAIK the
> plan is porting NPTL (in glibc) to GNU/Hurd.  One of the most
> important things that need to be done is writing TLS support.

Okay, maybe I'll take a look at this.
Who is in charge for this now? Where can I find more info?

> Ext2 is already supported, but the maximum size of the filesystem is
> about 2 GB.  Ext3 is not supported yet.
>
> Ognyan is already working on these problems.  See his webpage:
> http://debian.fmi.uni-sofia.bg/~ogi/hurd/ext3fs/
>
> He already fixed the 2GB limit (Neal is reading the patch and trying to
> get it into CVS). Ognyan is also working on ext3 support and will
> release ext3 0.1 soon.

Interesting, I'll try to check it out too.

> You can:
>
> 1) Fix bugs.
> 2) Translate the webpages.
> 3) Write documentation.
> 4) Add missing features.
> 5) Port packages.
> (etc)
> Contact person list?  I am not sure what you mean, but you can reach
> Hurd developers using the Hurd mailinglists and on IRC.

I mean maybe some sort of contact person list for the above tasks? But,
okay, I'll just ask around here.

In the meantime I'm trying to get to know how everything is working
right now.

Thanks alot.

Best Regards.
-arief