Re: I think I want to help

Dear Patrick,

On Tue, 2004-08-10 at 00:45, Patrick Strasser wrote:
> arief# wrote:
> > Being unable to access anon-CVS from office (or other net access beside
> > http and ftp),
> You can tunnel ssh through http.
> Google for "ProxyCommand http" or use
> Corckscrew http://www.agroman.net/corkscrew/

I've just apt-get corkscrew, insert ProxyCommand line just as the
manpages said "ProxyCommand corkscrew ssh proxy proxyport %h %p", and I
just get this message:

"Proxy could not open connnection to www.gnome.org:  Forbidden
ssh_exchange_identification: Connection closed by remote host"

I assume that's because my proxy-admin are much more evil than I'd
thought? ;-)

> > 4. Heck, I don't even own a computer now (this T30 is from my office)
> But you have one and installed the Hurd on it...?

Yup this T30, now it splits in three partitions, one (the biggest, about
25GB) for my debian unstable, two for the swap, three (only about 2GB)
for gnu/hurd.

Funny thing, I don't know what did I do last night, my gnu/hurd got
panic over and over again. Will try to reinstall again today.

> Question to people with more sight of future: Is there any chance of a
> next release with Mach?
> I often read, there will be a release when it's ready. Are there any
> precise requirements for release other than the Task in the Hurd TODO? I
> expect the GNUMach TODO not be be completely done at any time though, of
> course no big feature ads.
> In other words: Do we have hopes for a release before L4/Hurd?

And what are our current status with L4/Hurd?
It seems we get it to work to boot, and then what?

Best Regards.