Re: Hurd boot problems

> Darn good question... /etc/X11, try looking there.

ouch...

anyway
Couldn't install any version of Emacs, package dependency problems or
availability.  When I tried installing mutt, so I could mail from Gnu/Hurd
and copy real errors, I got: panic. zalloc. kalloc .8192.  Later, after
reading errors during mutt configuration, "package inetutils-inetd is munged
you should reinstall it,"  So I try to reinstall inetutils-inetd.  I got:
zone i386 pcb state exhausted.  There were more instances than these of
different zalloc errors, these are freshest in my mind.  I am also frequently
getting an error like:
Stopping Internet Superserver:  /usr/sbin/invoke-rc.d: line ... no such file
or something and error code of 139.
When trying to install packages like mutt or inetutils-inetd.  This usually
precedes the zalloc panic.

vmstat says I have, among other things, 954M of swap.  I have 224M of ram
physically installed.