Re: hurd installation via iso

On Sunday 16 May 2004 01:35, you wrote:
> Ron Graves <gravytron@speakeasy.net> writes:
> > #settrans -fgap /servers/socket/2 /hurd/pfinet -i eth0 -a localhostsip -g
> > gatewaysip -m mask
> > it says no such dir /hurd/pfinet
>
> Did you accidently set a translator on top of /hurd/pfinet?
This is possible I imagine.  When booting the interface is recognized.
However, I stuck with the manual.  I thought that the -fg options forcefully
closed the existing translator?

> You can check this with:
> showtrans /hurd/pfinet
OK, I will.  I plan on starting back on my Hurd odyssey today.  My add lead me
to getting a free SGI Indy from craigs list yesterday.  Off I went on  a
useless 12 hour tangent.

> Or is it possible you showed us the right command but mixed up the
> argument order when you actually used the command?
I reckon that goes without saying, but I would have made the same mistake
about three times.  You know?

Maybe I should reformat, and start from the beginning.  Nothing to lose ;-)