Re: hurd installation via iso

> > it says to reboot in -m (the guide says -s again?)
> > i go with the guide
> > repeat it all (including those god forsaken module lines)
> > #./native-install
> > produces same output
>
> 'same output as the last time'? Or 'some output'?
The same output

> > #nano /etc/fstab
> > it can't find home directory
>
> did you reboot after running native-install for the second time? I'd do
> that.
Yes, I did reboot after second install.

> > if I run ./native-install it will kill the fstab.
> > move on to
> > #settrans -fgap /servers/socket/2 /hurd/pfinet -i eth0 -a localhostsip -g
> > gatewaysip -m mask
> > it says no such dir /hurd/pfinet
>
> dunno about that.
Me either.

> > Is the iso the thing?
>
> Never tried the ISO thing.
I guess I'll improve on the googling then.

> > Do I set up a chainloader type thing in grub or what?
>
> I'm not quite sure I understand your problem. Does the SuSE grub eat up
> your modules line or what? In that case, you could try installing the
> grub from Debian, which seems to work fine. You'll lose your nice
> graphical boot menu though I guess.
Yes, it ate it.  That is to say that when I went back to menu.lst, the first
and longest module line was gone.  OK, I will dselect me some grub.  Any
special precautions I should take.  I don't care about the SuSE
advertisement.  I already have a .92 tarball of grub from gnu that I haven't
installed.  Should I just go that route instead.  I mean I'm not real clear
on the risks of changing the boot loader.  Right now the SuSE grub version
has controll of the mbr, right?  So, should I extract the new tarball from
SuSE, or is it just as safe to dselect sid grub and install from the sid
partition.

Thanks
Ron