Re: X-free libraries

On Thu, May 13, 2004 at 10:37:14PM +0200, Robert Millan wrote:
> > - If I would rebuild those packages, won't the same problems show up?

> Not the same, but a similar one. Again, 4.3.0-0pre1v5+rmh.1 is out of sync
> with the latest version in debian and you'll have some trouble installing
> xlibs-dev. This can be easily worked around though (by using older arch-indep
> packages from http://snapshot.debian.org/). The same workaround probably
> works for the _current_ i386-gnu build of xfree86, I just haven't tried.

blackbird~$ apt-cache show xlibs-dev | grep Depends
Depends: libice-dev, libsm-dev, libx11-dev, libxext-dev, libxi-dev,
	libxmu-dev, libxmuu-dev, libxp-dev, libxpm-dev, libxrandr-dev,
	libxt-dev, libxtrap-dev, libxtst-dev, libxv-dev, pm-dev, x-dev,
	xlibs-static-dev

Well, xlibs-dev has no versioned Depends and those packages all seem to
be built self-contained by the xfree86 source package.

So hopefully, there will be no further issues. Could you clarify what
the problem is?

Michael

--
Michael Banck