Re: X-free libraries

On Wed, May 12, 2004 at 03:30:12PM +0200, M. Gerards wrote:
> Quoting Robert Millan <zeratul2@wanadoo.es>:
>
> > Yes. Except the nroff/troff system crash which is actualy a bug in Mach,
> > the Hurd, or some part of Glibc.
>
> Can you make a test case out of this?

No, sorry. I already tried and it's not easy.

Because of the crash in the whole system, the build log may not be synced
with ext2fs and hence not include the latest command before the faulty one.
I also suspect this is not fault of a particular nroff/troff invocation, but
consequence of kernel overload after many of them.

Note that workaround is easy, though:

  for i in /usr/bin/{n,t}roff ; do echo echo dummy $0 > $i ; done

--
Robert Millan

"[..] but the delight and pride of Aule is in the deed of making, and in the
thing made, and neither in possession nor in his own mastery; wherefore he
gives and hoards not, and is free from care, passing ever on to some new work."

 -- J.R.R.T., Ainulindale (Silmarillion)