Re: X-free libraries

On Wed, 12 May 2004, M. Gerards wrote:

> Quoting Michael Banck <mbanck@debian.org>:
>
> > On Wed, May 12, 2004 at 09:18:51AM +0200, M. Gerards wrote:
> > > how about using the XFree 4.3 binaries Robert built?
> >
> > Last time I checked, there were a couple of libraries missing (xlibs got
> > split up and there were no .debs of the newly generated libraries) and
> > they would not install cleanly. If that's not the case anymore or I was
> > mistaken all the time, even better.
> >
> > Do you know what the status is?
>
> Well, I have XFree 4.3 installed using those debs.  So it works, I assume. :)

The combination of the official archive and the gnuab archive do not
produce CDs that installs a useful x-system.  e.g x-window-system-core has
unmet dependencies, caused by the missing libraries.  Has someone got
extra packages hiding somewhere?

The problem I am facing at the moment is that I will need to do some major
butchery to the main archive before the earlier version of XFree will
build onto the CDs.

Phil.

     I sell GNU/Linux & GNU/Hurd CDs.   See http://www.copyleft.co.nz