Re: X-free libraries

On Sun, May 09, 2004 at 09:57:17PM +1200, Philip Charles wrote:
> Is there any chance of the x-free libraries being sorted out sometime?

Some time. Seems Barry is working on it right now, and I plan to as well
as soon as I've got some spare time (i.e. in June). But for the moment,
I'd advice you to get the old known-good (right?) X libraries and server
binaries version 4.1.0-14. I suspect they are included on some of the
older ISOs, perhaps you could have a look?

I've you (or somebody) else finds them, it would be nice to put them all
onto a prominent APT-gettable place (for example ftp.gnuab.org) so that
we have a somehow working X until new binaries arrive.

Michael

--
Michael Banck
Debian Developer