Re: Debian GNU/Hurd section in Debian installation manual is going to be removed

On Sat, May 08, 2004 at 07:20:37PM +0300, Ognyan Kulev wrote:
> Debian installation manual is being updated and the Debian GNU/Hurd
> section is going to be removed[1].  Should we raise our voices?
> Although it's true that there are GNU/K*BSD nowadays too, so if Hurd's
> section is preserved, GNU/K*BSD sections should be added too.
>
> [1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-boot/2004/05/msg01108.html

Well, seems somebody has voiced his opinion already. I don't think this
is a battle we should fight right now. After all, it's an installation
manual not a full-blown user manual, and if there is no way to install
Debian GNU/Hurd right now as intended by the manual, then I don't see
why the Hurd should absolutely be mentioned there. The old text will
still be available in CVS, so it can get added later on when the Hurd
has been ported to d-i I guess.

I've sponsored David for a while, so if this list thinks we should
prevent the deletion of this subsection about what is the Hurd, I can
try to change his opinion.

Michael

--
Michael Banck