Re: vim

Am So, 2004-01-25 um 11.24 schrieb Michael Banck:
> I think I read on planet.debian.net that one of the vim maintainers
> (nobse) was either running Debian GNU/Hurd himself or tried out
> tarzeau's box. Anyway, he said he managed to build a text-based vim
> package for hurd-i386, so I expect a hurd-i386 package after the next
> upload.
>
> Hmm, see http://www.livejournal.com/users/nobse/

Thanks for pointing me to this. Can it really be that for months
(years?) there's no effort to build vim for the Hurd, and then within a
week two different people try (and make) it independently of each other?

I am still trying to find out what is the best way to help Debian's Hurd
porting efforts in an effective way. The way I did the vim thing seems
to be non-effective as it was only duplicate work.

Thanks
Reinhard