:::Debian Network Help:::

For some reason, i cant get my networking to work with Debian (I've also tried Knoppix)... When installing Debian, for some reason it can never detect the network card or anything, I've tried many different ways to fix it but cant... When I try to install Debian, it stops me at the Network part, is there a way i can skip that part of the installation, or even better a way for it to detect my network card?

When I try to set up the network manually by entering Host IP and etc, it says something simalar to "Network is configured but not yet activated", Im not sure what is going on...

===============================
                COMPUTER HARDWARE
(As shown, in order in Window's Device Manager)
===============================

            -Alienware-

Intel(R)
Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.06GHz
3.07Ghz
512 of RAM

[HARWARE]

Computer
         ACPI Multiprocessor PC

Disk drives
         ST3120024A

Display Adapters
         Radeon 9800 PRO
         Radeon 9800 PRO - Secondary

DVD/CD-ROM drives
         ARTEC WSM-52X
         SAMSUNG DVD-ROM SD-616Q

Floppy disk controller
         Standard floppy disk controller

Human Interface Devices
         HID-compliant device
         Microsoft USB IntelliMouse Explorer 3.0
         USB Human Interface Device

IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers
         Intel(r) 82801BA Bus Master IDE Controller
         Primary IDE Channel
         Secondary IDE Channel

IEEE 1394 Bus host controllers
         OHCI Compliant IEEE 1394 Host Controller

Imaging devices
         Lexmark X5100 Series

Keyboards
         Standard 101/102-Key or Microsoft Natural PS/2 Keyboard

Mice and other pointing devices
         Microsoft USB IntelliMouse Explorer 3.0

Monitors
         SyncMaster 150MPlus/150MP, SyncMaster Magic CX151MPplus/CX151MP
         SyncMaster 150MPlus/150MP, SyncMaster Magic CX151MPplus/CX151MP

Network adapters
         1394 Net Adapter
         Intel(R) PRO/100 VE Network Connection

Ports (COM & LPT)
         Communications Port (COM1)
         ECP Printer Port (LPT1)

Processors
         Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.06GHz
         Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.06GHz

SCSI and RIAD controllers
         ST3SHARK SCSI Controller

Sound, video and game controllers
         Audio Codecs
         Creative Game Port
         Creative SB Audigy
         Legacy Audio Drivers
         Legacy Video Capture Devices
         Media Control Devices
         Video Codecs

System devices
         ACPI Fixed Feature Button
         Direct memory access controller
         Intel Processor to AGP Controller
         Intel(R) 82801BA LPC Interface Controller - 2440
         Intel(R) 82801BA/CA PCI Bridge - 244E
         Intel(R) 82850 Processor to I/O Controller - 2530
         ISAPNP Read Data Port
         Microcode Update Devices
         Microsoft ACPI-Compliant System
         Motherboard resources
         Motherboard resources
         Motherboard resources
         Numeric data processor
         PCI bus
         Plug and Play Software Device Enumerator
         PnP BIOS Extension
         Programmable interrupt controller
         System board
         System CMOS/real time clock
         System speaker
         System timer
         Terminal Server Device Redirector

Universal Serial Bus Controllers
         Intel(r) 82801Ba/BAM USB Universal Host Controller - 2442
         Intel(r) 82801Ba/BAM USB Universal Host Controller - 2444
         NEC PCI to USB Enhanced Host Controller (B1)
         NEC PCI to USB USB Open Host Controller
         NEC PCI to USB USB Open Host Controller
         USB Composite Device
         USB Printing Support