Re: libice6 needed.

On Wed, Dec 31, 2003 at 10:25:21PM +1300, Philip Charles wrote:
> 2004 starts here in New Zealand in about 90 minutes.  Happy New Year
> everyone.
>
> I was hoping to build the K6 images over the new year - week end break,
> but I have run into a problem with the x-window system, namely a missing
> libice6 package.  Does anyone know where I can get it?

Smells like the xlibs-splitup:

blackbird$ apt-cache search libice
xlibs - X Window System client libraries

That's X-4.2 (unstable on GNU/Linux). In the latest X-4.3pre pacackages
in experimental, xlibs got split up into a dozen libraries, one of them
being libice6 (which just happens to be the first in the Depends:
lines). Seems those libraries have not been built for hurd-i386 yet
They haven't even been built for i386 yet, either, as libice6 got
introduced with the recent xfree86_4.3.0-0pre1v5, which got uploaded for
powerpc and ia64 only until now.

So, you either have to get somebody (Robert?) to build
xfree86_4.3.0-0pre1v5 for hurd-i386, or revert to an older version.

What's the exact problem you encounter? Perhaps you can work-around
that temporarily. In the end, we want the "real" 4.3 packages of course,
but I don't see the need to build every 4.3pre-step for now.

Michael