Re: Problem with apt

On Tue, 2 Dec 2003, alextj wrote:

> i have just installed hurd k5, using all the iso i've found, but I have
> some problem. I used "apt-cdrom add" for insert a debian cdrom. but i've
> found a lot of broken package and I can't install anything. particulary
> i tryed with emacs21 and gcc.

apt-cdrom should be avoided.  Mount the CD with
settrans -a /cdrom /hurd/iso9660fs /dev/hd2[or whatever]
If you want to use the full set, copy the contents of each CD to a
separate partitions and setup /etc/apt/sources.list to suit.

Phil.

     I sell GNU/Linux & GNU/Hurd CDs.   See http://www.copyleft.co.nz