Re: Debian Hurd package

On Fri, Oct 10, 2003 at 08:59:12PM +0200, Marco Gerards wrote:

> And there are other bug fixes that were never reported via Debian.
> Well, some people still have problems with the console, for example.
> These problems are all fixed in CVS.

I know. But unfortunately, I can't keep track of non-reported bugs. I'll
merely update CVS and bring whatever fixes it has :).

> Upstream is the most important from my POV.

Agreed.

> I even have some requests for the debian Hurd package:
>
> - Can you show the user a dialog when configuring the Hurd package so
>   the user can choose if he wants to use the old or new console?  We
>   definitely need more testers and many people want to have use its
>   features but don't know about it.  The dialog should tell the user
>   that XFree doesn't work from the new console.
>
> - Add fatfs and make sure it uses read-only by default, etc.  Just to
>   make it easy for users to access their files on those
>   partitions/floppies and I'd like more testers. :)
>
> Other requests or suggestions will follow. :)

Could you file this (and future) requests/suggestions as wishlist bugs into
the package? (If you're not familiar with Debian BTS, I suggest you use
"reportbug")

> Thanks for taking care of the Hurd package for debian!! :)

No problem!

--
Robert Millan

"[..] but the delight and pride of Aule is in the deed of making, and in the
thing made, and neither in possession nor in his own mastery; wherefore he
gives and hoards not, and is free from care, passing ever on to some new work."

 -- J.R.R.T, Ainulindale (Silmarillion)