Re: Debian Hurd package

On Fri, Oct 10, 2003 at 08:59:12PM +0200, Marco Gerards wrote:
> - Can you show the user a dialog when configuring the Hurd package so
>   the user can choose if he wants to use the old or new console?

No way.  Dialog boxes at installation time are evil in general, but that's
just one reason.  The new console should just be the default when it can be.
We don't need more testers of what works reasonably well already, but new
features that allow it to work with X.

> - Add fatfs and make sure it uses read-only by default, etc.  Just to
>   make it easy for users to access their files on those
>   partitions/floppies and I'd like more testers. :)

Agreed.  The read-only part is important.

Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de
http://www.marcus-brinkmann.de/