Re: live cd

On Mon, Sep 29, 2003 at 08:05:50AM -0500, Warren Turkal wrote:
> Philip Charles wrote:
> > Sorry no.  If we could then we would be able to build a native GNU
> > installer and not rely on the Debian GNU/Linux installation ram disk.
>
> Why can this not be done?

GRUB doesn't fully support booting from CD yet. Btw if you want to work on
that, help is welcome. Ask in bug-grub@gnu.org.

--
Robert Millan

"[..] but the delight and pride of Aule is in the deed of making, and in the
thing made, and neither in possession nor in his own mastery; wherefore he
gives and hoards not, and is free from care, passing ever on to some new work."

 -- J.R.R.T, Ainulindale (Silmarillion)