[Fwd: Re: Improving the (web) content]

Marcus Brinkmann wrote:
(snip)

It would be great if some people (this does not require in-depth knowledge), maybe under your guidance, if you can and want, would write such material, that can be included on the web page and be made available as PDF material. This can also be the base for hand outs and leaflets in times to come.

I'd be happy to review such material for technical correctness and if it is in line with what we want the Hurd to be in the future. I'd more than happily
leave scope, format and style to you.

Would you be willing to help with such an effort, maybe even by guiding it,
by organizing the volunteers, review their work and give advice for
improvements?  Who on these lists with good writing skills and who has
already made first experiences with the Hurd would be willing to write
on one or more of the topics below? (Of course Mark can also write them if
he wants to
(snip)

I'd be happy to review and make suggestions on anything that was provided to me. As the lists proverbial idiot, anything that I get, understand and appreciate will qualify as the sort of idiots guide that we're looking for. I'm happy to recieve documentation in HTML, OpenOffice, MS Office, PDF or plain text formats and will do my best to provide suitably constructive criticism. I don't feel ready to be writing documentation for Hurd yet though, I'd kind of like to get it installed and to some extent working before I begin documenting things myself. Be sure that I'll be adding any problems I get during install to an Installation FAQ though

Mark

P.S. Like a true doofus I forgot to cc the mailing list first time around...are you sure you want me involved?
--- Begin Message ---
Marcus Brinkmann wrote:
[...]

--- End Message ---