Re: default CPU target for ix86 based ports

On Wed, 2003-08-06 20:11:32 +0200, Martin v. Löwis <martin@v.loewis.de>
wrote in message <[🔎] m3k79qhd0r.fsf@mira.informatik.hu-berlin.de>:
> Jan-Benedict Glaw <jbglaw@lug-owl.de> writes:
>
> > Having a "broken" libstdc++ is already bad enough. Please, please please
> > please please don't make it worse as it's already today. I heared rumors
> > that gcc-3.4 might fix the current situation (wrt. libstdc++).
>
> Don't believe these rumors; they are wrong.

I'm now searching TheWayOut (TM). Is there any possibility to run Debian
with a vanilla kernel on an i386? Maybe the i486 emu is the way to go,
but I've not yet had success porting it to 2.6.x.

i386 seems to die, sun4m also does have servere problems... Where does
this lead to? All these seem to arise from doing optimization which
hasn't been proved to (really) make things better... Everything I see is
that it's breaking stuff.

MfG, JBG

      ret = do_actions((curr | FREE_SPEECH) & ~(IRAQ_WAR_2 | DRM | TCPA));