Re: hurd status

Hi,

On Tue, Jun 24, 2003 at 10:10:36AM +0200, Tomas Groth wrote:
> I've heard that hurd 1.0 will be realesed when gnumach 2.0 is finished and
> when the problem with the disk partition size limit has been fixed. What is
> the status on these things?

I've never heard of such a claim, who told you that/where did you read
about it? Personally, I don't think this will happen, but this list is
about the Debian GNU/Hurd port and not about Hurd development WRT GNU in
general.

I don't know what you consider a 'finished gnumach 2.0', the ext2fs
partition size limit is being worked on.

> Another thing i've heard is that dchp isn't working under hurd, what
> is the status on that?

It's being worked/hacked on, see
http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-hurd/2003-06/msg00079.html

cheers,