howto close network?

i have a net card named D-Link DFE530TXB2. i found the gnumach doesn't
support it. and when i use hurd ,i noticed it will lost the reaction to
my typing the keyboard. the cursor is flashing, but it looks like hung
up. no matter which key i pressed ,it just like died. so i wonder if it
was something about my net card?
and i wonder if the network is running during my loged in?
and if it is running ,how can i close the server?
i read about the chapter of translator from debian site. but by my poor
english ,i just have no idea about it .
who can help me?