Re: What's the command to create swap in hurd

   However, when I run the command "swapon -a", I get the error:
     swapon: /dev/hd2s3: No such file or directory

Have you created that device? "cd /dev; ./MAKEDEV hd2s3" should do the
trick.

   So I thought I better take another look at my partition table, but there
   doesn't seem to be any partitioning tool (no cfdisk, no fdisk, no pdisk)
   that I can find, so it looks like I may have to boot back into Knoppix
   after all.

On GNU/Hurd we have GNU parted.  I don't know if it is installed by
default though.