Re: What's the command to create swap in hurd

deFreese, Barry wrote:

-----Original Message-----
From: Alfred M. Szmidt [mailto:ams@kemisten.nu]
Sent: Tuesday, June 17, 2003 12:25 PM
To: westk@acu.edu
Cc: debian-hurd@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: What's the command to create swap in hurd

  What's the command in the hurd to create a swap filesystem on my
  swap partition? In Linux it's mkswap, but that command doesn't
  exist for me in the hurd.

swapon is what we use.

Of course this is assuming you created a swap partition and initilized it?
(I think)

Yes, what I'm asking is what the command is to initialize a swap partition. I've already defined it via cfdisk via KNOPPIX before I started installing the hurd, but I forgot to initialize it. And my understanding to actually activate an initialized swap partition is to use the "swapon" command. So I have the beginning and end; I just don't have the middle, that of initializing the partition.

Thanks!

--
Kent