Re: The Hurd & packages in Debian

   Date: Sun, 8 Jun 2003 15:46:05 +0200 (CEST)
   From: Folkert van Heusden <folkert@vanheusden.com>
   Oh, p.s.: please CC me as I'm not on this list.

   Thanks,

   Folkert

   On Sun, 8 Jun 2003, Folkert van Heusden wrote:

   > Date: Sun, 8 Jun 2003 15:42:32 +0200 (CEST)
   > From: Folkert van Heusden <folkert@vanheusden.com>
   > To: debian-hurd@lists.debian.org
   > Subject: The Hurd & packages in Debian
   >
   > Hi,
   >
   > If a project is included in Debian, does that mean it compiles & runs in
   > Hurd?

 No, it means someone has taken the care to put it into Debian.

   > I wrote this program MultiTail
   > (MultiTail lets you view one or multiple files like the original tail
   > program. The difference is that it creates multiple windows on your
   > console (with ncurses). It can also use colors while displaying the
   > logfiles, for faster recognition of which lines are important and which
   > are not. It supports regular expressions. It has interactive menus for
   > editing given regular expressions and deleting and adding windows. One can
   > also have windows with the output of shell scripts and other software.)
   > and I would like to know if it runs in Hurd.

 Well, from looking at the build logs at
http://buildd.debian.org/build.php?arch=&pkg=multitail
it doesn't seem like multitail has been autobuilt for the Hurd, so I don't
know off hand if it compiles.  As for if it actually works, I really don't
know that.  Someone, like you, would have to try running it.

   > Folkert van Heusden.

   > www.vanheusden.com (http://www.vanheusden.com/multitail/)
   > Mobile phone: +31-6-41278122

James A. Morrison