Re: Where's my swap partition?

deFreese, Barry wrote:

From: Kent West [mailto:westk@acu.edu]

I've just attempted to install the Hurd, and after running "native-install" the second time was instructed to add swap to /etc/fstab. How do I refer to my swap partition? Here's my partition table as I defined it in cfdisk from Linux:

/dev/hdc3   256MB   swap

Kent,

Did you initiliaze the swap partition and set it active?  swapon -a ??

Yes I initialized it, with . . . . wait, wait a minute . . . . Doh! No, I initialized it in my first install attempt, but I can't remember doing it on the second install attempt.

If I boot back into Knoppix I can initialize it with "mkswap /dev/hdc3", but how would I do that from my "sh-2.05a#" prompt on the Hurd?

Good call, Barry; thanks!

--
Kent