Re: New in Hurd

On Sat, May 24, 2003 at 10:27:45AM +0000, nmag only wrote:

> Hi, I want to start in the development of Debian GNU/Hurd, I need
> suggestions for start and if exist any page where I could find the packages
> who need migration or development.

welcome! I suggest you start installing GNU and then find out what
is missing for you to use it as a production system, so you can start
porting the software you need for yourself.

some major packages i've put my eye on: xfree86 4.3 will be ported when
released by Branden, GNOME is ported and patches are in the BTS, but the
lack of fcntl locks breaks gnome-session. Mozilla used to be buildable
but it needs some work now, etc...

--
Robert Millan

make: *** No rule to make target `war'.  Stop.

Another world is possible - Just say no to genocide